Sunday 22 April 2012

May workshops - Beau Chateau!



So it's  been a while since my last blog post, but it's time to upload previews of our May workshops. If you are coming along to either of the days, then we have a gorgeous paper set and some really pretty stamps to go with it. The stamps we are using are called Charming and are from the Spring Mini catalogue. They are only available until the end of April so we have got them just in time!

Do you like the little trinket key in the card above? You will get some of these keys in your kit in various sizes and I think they make a simple card into something really special. I have attached the key with a little piece of Stampin' Up twine. I love twine and it makes an appearance on quite a few of the cards in this workshop. 


We will be using the textured impressions designer frames as a main feature in lots of the cards. You can just about see the embossing of one of them in the card above.


The Beau Chateau papers are great for cutting out elements to build up layers and create dimension. There might be just a little bit of cutting here and there.......well actually there's quite a lot. But isn't that why we craft because we love cutting and sticking?



Because of the pastel shades of blue and pink in this kit, they are perfect papers for baby cards. In the cards below I have used the baby tees wheel stamp to make some new baby cards.






The charming stamp set is also great for creating backgrounds. In the card below I have stamped in soft suede on crumb cake card stock and then I used a white signo uni ball  pen to hi-light parts of the image.


So that's as much as you are getting here! Of course there will be more cards for you to see on the day.
I look forward to seeing you and thanks for looking.
Linds x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't think I needed that set of stamps until I saw yours!!! argh!